Each tablet contains: Bromocriptin 2.5 mg as Bromocriptine Mesilate BP
Bromotine™ contains Bromocriptine Mesilate, is an ergot derivative with potent dopamine receptor agonist activity. Stimulates dopamine receptors in the corpus striatum, relieving parkinsonian symptoms; Inhibits prolactin which is responsible for lactation and lowers elevated blood levels of growth hormone in acromegaly.
Bromotine™ 28% of oral dose absorbed, 90% to 96% bound to serum albumin and completely metabolized. Major elimination route is via the bile; 2.5% to 5% is excreted in urine and 84.6% is excreted in feces in 120 hrs.
- Hyperprolactinemia associated dysfunctions
- Bromocriptine Mesilate tablet is indicated for the treatment of dysfunctions associated with hyperprolactinemia including amenorrhea with or without galactorrhea.
- Infertility or hypogonadism
- Prolactin secreting adenomas
- Reduction in tumor size in both male and female patients with macroadenomas. In cases where adenectomy is elected, a course of
- ocriptine therapy may be used to reduce the tumor mass prior to surgery
- Non-prolactin dependent infertility
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (adjuvant therapy to antiestrogenic e.g. clomiphene treatment of anovulation)
- Sensitivity to ergot alkaloids
- Severe ischemic heart disease or peripheral vascular disease
Abdominal cramps or discomfort, confusion, constipation, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, drowsiness, dry mouth, fainting, fatigue, hallucinations (particularly in Parkinson's patients), headache, inability to sleep, indigestion, light-headedness, loss of coordination, nasal congestion, nausea, shortness of breath, uncontrolled body movement, vertigo, visual disturbance, vomiting, weakness.
Detail prescribing information: